OAS FCU was born as a joint effort by people from all over the Americas with unique needs that banks were unable to meet. Since then, we have extended our services to various organizations whose members encounter similar challenges.
We started in 1962, serving the employees of the Organization of American States (OAS). Over the years, we have grown to serve more than 8,500 members worldwide and now hold over $292 million in assets. We have expanded our field of membership and now fulfill the financial needs of employees and members of more than 38 organizations, including the National Geographic Society, after a merge with their Credit Union on August 1, 2018. Our members consist mainly of professionals living or working in or outside the U.S. who travel frequently internationally.
After all these years, we still believe in our original goals: the financial well-being of our members and a commitment to the strong principles and values that drive us. We are determined to continue providing the highest quality financial services worldwide.
Celebrating our 60th Anniversary!
Check out our anniversary videos as we celebrate 60 years of service, value, and support!
Our Products and Services
OAS FCU is a full-service resource for everything you need to manage your everyday finances while planning for the future. We offer a wide range of products and services, including:
- Checking and savings account options that earn interest and pay you rewards
- Mortgage loans and home equity lines of credit featuring competitive rates
- Credit card options that fit your needs, including a Visa® Platinum that pays rewards
- Access to more than 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and 5,480 shared branch locations from coast to coast
- Auto and personal loans with low-interest rates to help you make the most of your money
- And more!